Can we take a minute to talk about yarn, folks?
I think everyone probably has their favorite go-to yarn. Mine is Plymouth Yarn Worsted Merino Superwash. I love all the different colors it comes in, and it creates a warm, super soft fabric when it's knitted. All of this, PLUS it's machine washable! And (reasonably) affordable!
That being said, I am a knitter and I love all kinds of different fibers.
For example, my LYS (local yarn shop) just got in some Zealana Air, which I swear must be made from baby unicorn hair (okay, so it's really cashmere, possum down, and silk). It is The Softest, lightest, happiest cloud-like yarn I have ever, ever, EVER put my hands on. They had a sample hat made from this yarn. Honest to goodness, guys, if my eyes had been closed, I wouldn't have been able to feel it at all. That's how soft it was. Of course, being made from baby unicorn hair, it's pretty pricey. You'd want to make something really special from yarn this nice!
A couple weeks ago, I was at a festival at a local winery with some girlfriends, and one of the vendors had locally raised and hand-dyed alpaca yarn. It was gorgeous, but out of my price range. Fast forward a few days and a visit to Craftsy's Yarn Shop, and I'm now working on a gift for a certain-someone-who-shall-not-be-named out of Rowan Alpaca Colour. It's baby alpaca, so very soft, really warm, and comes in AMAZING colors.
Have I mentioned that I like colors? I mean, who doesn't, right? But I do.
Speaking of which. My LYS also had a big display of Wonderland Yarns. Oh. My. Goodness. The colors, you guys! Vibrant, beautiful, amazing! They had this bright orange color that I was thisclose to buying (I decided not to, and I'm still debating whether that was a good decision).
I'm really trying to use yarn from my stash and not buy new yarn right now (because, really, I just need to make room in my stash storage for new yarn), but it's so hard when there are so many wonderful choices out there!!
What yarns are you in love with right now?
No comments:
Post a Comment